Followers

Monday 29 November 2010

I AM CURIOUS (YELLOW)


Τitle: I Am Curious (Yellow)
Subtitle: A Film by Vilgot Sjöman (1924-2006)
Translators: Martin Minow and Jenny Bohman from the Swedish
Language: English
Edition: Third Printing
Place of Publication: New York
Publisher: Grove Press, Inc.
Year of Publication: 1968
Format: 106x177mm
Pages: 254
Illustrations: 266 black and white stills by Sandrews Film and Theater Co. of Stockholm, and Grove Press, Inc.
Cover Photo: Lena Nyman
Binding: Softcover
Weight: 190gr.
Entry No: 2009038
Date of Entry: 19th June 2009


BOOK DESCRIPTION


One of the most significant films of the past years is one that American audiences still cannot see. Entitled I Am Curious -- Yellow, it was made by the Swedish director, Vilgot Sjöman, whose earlier films included My Sister, My Love and 491. Wherever the film has been shown in Europe -- in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, France-- it has been acclaimed by critics as an important work of art in its honest and forthright portrayal of the social, political, and sexual problems of today's youth.

This volume presents the full text of the scenario, together with 266 stills from the picture. Also included is an appendix of pertinent testimony about the film by key witnesses in the U.S. District Court case.

“One of the most important pictures I have ever seen in my life... I felt I had encountered a major work... I think it is a profoundly moral movie.”
Norman Mailer (1923-2007)



No comments:

Post a Comment